THE 49X DASH
The dash of the new 49X is a study in forward-thinking engineering and design,
with every decision made to let operators keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
DRIVER COMMAND CENTER
Features six gauges and a central LCD screen that provides important engine information and alerts from Detroit Assurance and Detroit Connect Virtual Technician®.
MULTI-FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL
Leather-wrapped steering wheel offers integrated controls for stereo, Driver Command Center interaction, cruise control and cruise interrupt, as well as a Bluetooth® connection for mobile phones.
Fully adjustable to provide full range of motion for increased operator comfort.
TRANSMISSION CONTROL STALK
Allows automated manual and automatic transmission shifting and engine braking functions from the column for safer operation.
The 49X features robust, programmable rocker style switches that are easy to read and use with back lighting, laser-etched graphics and guards to reduce unintentional actuation.
QUICKFIT DASH ACCESS
Located on top of the dash near the windshield, the QuickFit Dash Access lets you easily route wires to power dash-mounted devices.
The 49X provides one USB and two 12V outlets to power and charge devices such as cell phones and tablets.
Remote mirror and window control switches are within easy reach, located on the door panels for convenience.
Three extra-large cup holders are within convenient reach of the operator and designed to hold even the largest beverages.
The easy-to-remove, proprietary FlexPanel gives you the space to easily integrate tablets, or an additional 24 switches or up to 10 gauges, or any combination of the two.
PTO CONTROL LOGIC
When the PTO is engaged, you can view your engine speed presets in the Driver Command Center and, using the control buttons in the multi-function steering wheel, change engine speeds with the push of a button.
The new HVAC system in the 49X is designed to deliver best-in-class performance, reliability and serviceability:
- Brushless blower motor for long life, high reliability and quiet performance
- Direct drive actuators and rubber over-molded doors for smooth operation and high reliability
- Five face outlets, four floor outlets and two side window defrost outlets for optimal performance and comfort
- Quick and easy recirculation filter removal and replacement
- New water management system and outside air filter with easy removal and replacement
- Simple and intuitive three-knob controls, with chrome bezels on premium trim
- Controls are LED backlit for clear visibility in the dark
- 10 blower speeds for improved operator/passenger comfort
- Optional roof-mounted A/C condenser available to keep it away from dust and debris for better airflow